- · Read The Emancipated Spectator by Jacques Rancière - Thanks to Stephen Bain for putting that one in front of me.
- · Revamped website at www.woods.net.nz, including a rather swiz photo gallery
- · Reformatted the blog at http://therealcolinwoods.blogspot.co.nz
- · Bought Alistair Cooke’s ‘America’ in large format hardback for 50c in an op-shop. Great writing- I used to love listening to Letter from America, and I hear his voice when I read it. Bizarrely, the op-shop lady grinned and said, “oh, I bet you’ll never read that.” I was actually a bit insulted and didn’t know how to respond.
- The Real Colin Woods
- Auckland, New Zealand
- Colin was born in Belfast (Ireland) and came to Aotearoa/New Zealand in 2002. He was previously guitarist with Irish punk band Music For Deaf (not the later US band of the same name) and participant in UK/Ireland based Allotropes experimental collective. His current interests include experimental music (both composed and improvised), video, song writing and performance, and composition for conventional solo instruments and ensembles. He is a regular participant in the Auckland improv colective Vitamin S, one half of the duo Toy Triptech (with Rohan Evans), and has performed occasionally on alto sax with Jeff Henderson’s variable ensemble Superstars of Westlynn. Colin holds a Diploma in Contemporary Music from Unitec (Auckland) and B. Mus.(Hons) majoring in Composition at the University of Auckland. Recent releases include the album Skyway to Carpark (2012) and EP Short Straw, both are available to download from bandcamp and as limited release physical CDs. Colin is a also a Director of Angel Food, New Zealand’s vegan food innovators,
Monday, 13 February 2017
A funny old week
Well, it’s been a funny old week. I've been plague by vague anxieties at how quickly then year is progressing. I thought rather than focus on all the things I meant to do, I should focus on making a list of the things I DID achieve.
Better luck this week.